click here to view the snapshots for the payment of Property Tax.
Read the Instructions before Online Payment
- 1. For the purpose of calculating tax payable on plot area only the vacant plot area outside the plinth area of ground floor shall be counted i.e. for the plot area of 500 Sq. yards and plinth area of 300 Sq. yards then the vacant plot area will be (500 Sq. yards – 300 Sq. yards = 200 Sq. yards) on which the tax shall be calculated.
- 2. No tax shall be leviable on Residential lands and Building upto 300 Sq. yards owned and self-occupied (no portion is let out) by the following categories of persons.
- a. Persons, who had served, or are serving, in any rank, whether as combatant or a non-combatant, in the Naval, Military or Air Forces of the Union of India.
- b. Widows
- c. Disabled persons, who are as if being assesses entitled for the time being to the benefits of deduction under Section 80U of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- 3. Self-Assessment Scheme:- For the benefit of tax payers, a Self-Assessment Scheme has been introduced wherein assesses get rebate in property tax of 40% if they pay within 60 days (12.08.2015 to 10.10.2015); 30% if they pay between 61-120 days (11.10.2015 to 09.12.2015) and 20% if they pay between 121 to 180 days (10.12.2015 to 08.02.2016) (07.02.2016 being Sunday). Self-Assessment Forms have also been kept in all the Bank branches (OBC and SBOP)/ e-Sampark Centres. The proforma can also be downloaded from the website of Municipal Corporation i.e. www.mcchandigarh.gov.in The prescribed pro-forma is also available in the Tax Branch, MCC free of cost. Printed pay-in-slips for depositing the tax are available with the respective banks. A person who does not pay the above tax within the prescribed period of 180 days from the start of self- assessment scheme, he/she will have to pay 25% extra over and above the prescribed rates along with interest @12% per annum or as amended from time to time. The amount of Interest shall be payable till the end of the month in which payment is made. It is therefore, in the interest of the taxpayers to opt for the self-assessment Scheme.
- 4. Property tax can be deposited at any of the following locations, FREE OF COST
- a. All e-Sampark Centres located in Chandigarh
- b. All Bank branches of Oriental Bank of Commerce located in Chandigarh
- c. All Bank branches of State Bank of Patiala located in Chandigarh
- Note 1- Cash upto only Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten thousand only) will be accepted at e-Sampark Centres.
- Note 2- The payment through cheque/DD of any amount may be remitted in time so that it gets encashed before due date.
- 5. The tax payers are required to submit the prescribed Self-Assessment Form in the bank/e-Sampark Centre.
For any assistance, visit Tax Branch, Room No. 25, Ground Floor, Sector 17-E, Chandigarh, Assistant Collector (Tax) 5021618. Chief Accounts Officer 5021503.